Reports to: Controller
Location: Bethesda, MD
The Radius Travel Accounting Team is looking for a Senior Accountant with a great attitude to join our high-performing team in a dynamic and exciting industry.
This position will ensure the integrity and confidentiality of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close. The position will have significant personal growth and leadership opportunities and we are looking for a team member who will embrace those opportunities.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Supports budgeting and forecasting activities
- Evaluates and improves processes regularly to ensure efficiency
- Serves as quality control for payroll
- Oversees Company’s A/P, corporate credit cards and Concur Expense reporting tool
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions, as well as, resolving discrepancies
- Assists with external audits by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information to auditors
- Takes advantage of educational opportunities, professional publications, personal networks, and participation in professional organizations to maintain and improve role-related skills
- Supports the Controller and other departments with special projects and workflow process improvements
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of GAAP and core accounting functions
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to details in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to keep information confidential
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Dynamics Great Plains Accounting Software is preferred
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter along with your resume to HR@radiustravel.com and indicate the job title in your subject line.