Reports to: Senior Manager, Data Management
Location: Bethesda, MD
The Global Data Analyst will be responsible for both the analysis of global travel data as well as the maintenance and updates of our IT infrastructure. The Global Data Analyst may also be required to provide help desk support for data-related issues and possess a deep understanding of travel management company operations and technical concepts.
- Summarize, analyze, and prepare reports and findings using required tools such as MS Excel, SQL, PowerBI, and Microstrategy Desktop.
- Participate in data load activities including data cleansing and quality evaluation and improvements.
- Perform quality review of own work and the work of others in a verifiable and methodical manner, and create monthly audit reports for all clients’ import and export data.
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses at the direction of team leads, as well as assist in resolving data quality issues from identification to resolution.
- Participate in the creation of procedural documentation and process diagrams as they relate to the data load process.
- Create and maintain documentation related to new and legacy applications supporting the data load process.
- Work with IS/IT team on the creation and/or modification of automated data analysis modules and processes.
- Perform data auditing function to track data compliance, issue identification, and resolution.
- Understand the underlying data flow through the travel process beginning with the agencies through the Radius databases into the reporting systems for assigned corporate accounts.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer/Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related degrees)
- Must possess professional experience in data warehousing/business intelligence and/or the airline/travel industry
- Experience with using advanced queries and complex functions in SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to proactively identify and improve inefficient processes
- Desire to quickly meet clients’ reporting needs and exceed customer service expectations
- Knowledge of process management & analysis, and ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing workloads in a fast-paced global environment
- Ability to work cross-organizationally in resolving data issues and building processes to enhance data quality
- Knowledge of efficient data management and reporting practices
- Demonstrated expertise manipulating and interpreting large datasets
- Excellent team, communication, and time management skills are essential
- Knowledge of Travel or Airline data and/or Global Distribution Systems (GDS) is preferred
- Experience with structured programming such as C#, Python, and with common frameworks such as .NET
- Knowledge of and experience with R or other similar data analysis platform
- Bilingual capability preferred
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter along with your resume to HR@radiustravel.com and indicate the job title in your subject line.